Apparently I am a really sporadic updater!  I tend to over think what I’m going to write about, so much so that I end up thinking myself out of writing at all.

Anyway so I just wanted to jot something that happened on Tuesday/Wednesday.

My Gran goes to the SilverScreen matinee showing at the cinema mostly every Tuesday and because I’ve had Tuesdays free I usually go along too.  It’s just normal films about 4/5months after they’ve dropped off the usual viewing lists.  Anyway it’s all very nice and if you get there early enough you get a good selection of biccies and a mug of tea or coffee.  That morning I had really slept in but I ended up making it with about 2 minutes to spare.  We sped down the stairs hoping to see a few nice biscuits left but lo, only broken shorties and a couple of stale cookies.  Teas down on counter, two sugar packets each, rip, pour, stir, rush to the ticket lady who tells us to get a move on or there won’t be any seats left as we’re in the smallest screen today!  Hoofing it down past all the hip-replacements and brittle bones I won us two seats right at the back.  Usually we have a few seats either side of us so we don’t have to put up with the wee old moaners but no such luck today.  We were right beside a pair that were ‘whispering’ a little bit too loudly.  I think they genuinely had hearing problems so they couldn’t hear each other and assumed no one else could.  They were having a conversation when we sat down so I didn’t catch the start of it but the ending went something like this:

OldLady1: points wildly at a man and woman a couple rows infront “See that man there?”
OldLady2: cranes her neck wildly “Oh aye, what about him?”
OldLady1: “He brings his neighbour instead of his wife!”

I was a bit gobsmacked and started to giggle but my gran started to choke on her broken shortbread but she’d finished all her tea!  So I hastily handed her my cup and she managed to control the coughing.  Because I didn’t have any tea left to dunk my stale cookies in I just shoved them in my bag in any old pocket to be binned later on buuut.. I totally forgot about them and later that day after texting Kev to tell him about the film I tucked my phone safely in my bag.

Zoom forward to Wednesday and I’m running late for an appointment at the college I’m hoping to go to.  I take out my phone and try to contact the reception but I could barely hear it ringing.  From what I could hear it just kept ringing out.  I tried it a few times and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t working properly but because the bus was so noisy I just put it down to that and put it away again.  I got to that appointment about 25mins late, thanks LRT!  And while the bloke was still alright to see me I had to wait til he was done with someone else.  I took out my phone and wanted to make sure it was on silent when I noticed a weird beige blockage in every nook and corner in the phone.  Bloody cookie crumbs all over the place!  I’d forgotten the stale cookies from the day before and ended up having to poke every crumb out with a pin when I got home that night.  What an idiot!  The amount of fluffy dirt that came out of the charger socket was pretty disgusting too.